Learn from St Alphonsus Ligouri, Doctor of the Church, about the intense love of our Lord Jesus Christ that was shown to us in his passion.
As we are Christians we are aware of the death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ. The Crucifixes that hang up in our rooms and in our Church’s remind us of the Death and tortures that our Lord and Savior suffered for on our behalf.
Yet, despite this knowledge we can lack tender sentiment or compassion. The cross can be looked at as a challenge, a demand of strictness rather than as a remedy for illness. While the Cross does challenge us, demand strictness, and for all Christians to “pick up their crosses daily and follow me” Luke 9:23. It is a tragedy to look at the mystery of the Cross from only one angle, and to forget that our Lord Jesus Christ is “the good shepherd. The good shepherd giveth his life for his sheep.” John 10:11
This Catholic Audiobook: The Love Shown to us by Jesus in his Passion has been made from excerpts from the many writings of Saint Alphonsus Ligouri. It is our hope that Saint Alphonsus will help you consider not just the tortures of the cross, but the Love in which Jesus Christ bore his sufferings, so that we can be saved from our sins.
But the love that He (Jesus) bears to man seems to be that which is the dearest and most beloved to him, for it appears as though, in love, He had preferred man to the angels, since He has been willing to die for men and not for the fallen angels. Saint Alphonsus Ligouri
Chapters The Love Shown to us by Jesus in his Passion
- God so loved men, that He gave His own Son to redeem them.
- The Son of God Offered Himself for the Love of Us.
- Jesus died not only for us all, but for each one of us.
- Jesus died for us; we ought to live and die for Him.
- What it is to live and die for Jesus?
- Jesus Crucified is our only Hope in all our wants.
- The Hope that We Have in Jesus Christ that He will pardon our sins.
- The Hope that we have in Jesus Christ that He will grant us Final Perseverance.
- The Hope that we have in Jesus Christ that He will grant us Eternal Happiness.