Click to Download: The Twelve Degrees of Pride and Humility by St Bernard of Clairvaux
Humility makes a man great, while pride makes even angels hateful and odious. If the devil can trick us into pride under the guise of humility we are in great danger of losing our souls, do not trust what the world says about true humility but rather the the wise and often time witty instructions of the great St Bernard. St Bernard , Doctor and the last Father of the Church will explain how pride starts and where it ends.
- Levity of Mind and Unseasonable Merriment.
- Boastfulness and Eccentricity Conceit.
- Audacity and Defense of Wrong Doing.
- Bad Confession.
- Rebellion,Freedom to Sin, and Habitual Sin.
- Should one pray for someone spiritually dead?
Sources: This audiobooks was made from excerpts of: Mills, Barton Reginald Vaughan. Saint Bernard the twelve degrees of humility and pride. London: Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge ; 1929. and is in the Public Domain. The CD cover was designed in part with this picture of St Bernard from a Stained Glass window under an attribution license
You may also like:
- The Practice of Humility by Pope Leo XIII
- Catholic Audiobook: St. John the Almsgiver
- St Bernard Homilies: For Christmas Eve and Christmas
- Catholic Audiobook: Who Are the Angels
- Catholic Audiobook: The Holy Cistercians
- Catholic Audiobook: The Idea of St. Benedict
- Catholic Audiobook: The Betrayel Of Judas and The Denial of Peter