Reflection on Chapter: Will you recoil in terror at this chapter? The bodily penances that Saint Kateri Tekakwitha practiced were truly heroic and it is in the virtue of penance that she stands out among the Saints and servants of God.
When we consider the eternal suffering of Hell, or the flames of Purgatory her bodily mortifications are as nothing. What makes her penances so admirable was the love for which she endured them and offered them to Jesus Christ in reparation for her sins and no doubt for the benefit of her neighbor.
Was her love then excessive? If her love was then we cans say she such excess from the Passion of our Lord Jesus Christ who gave his life up for us in such a manner as death on a cross, in tremendous torment and humiliation.
May we bear the sufferings that Jesus Christ sends us with a patient spirit, and use them to remind us of his sweet love for us on the Cross where he died for us that we might have eternal life.
Saint Kateri pray for us that we might embrace the cross and do penance with a pure heart!
Download MP3 (right click and select save as)
Hear more chapters by going to our Audiobook page
Music Public Domain (Edited)
You may also like:
- The Love Shown to us by Jesus Christ in his Passion: Part 2 The Son of God Offered Himself for the Love of Us
- The Love Shown to us by Jesus Christ in his Passion: Part I God so loved men, that He gave His own Son to redeem them.
- Seek Ye First the Kingdom The Life of St Celestine V: Part 1 A Boy Named Peter
- Text of Homily for 1st Week of Advent: St John the Baptist
- Saint Kateri Part 11 : Saint Kateri’s Final Illness and Death
- Saint Kateri Tekakwitha : The Lily at the Foot of the Cross Part 9
- Saint Kateri Tekakwitha : The Lily at the Foot of the Cross Part 8