Come and hear St. Thomas Aquinas explain the great mysteries presented to us during the season of lent in clear, concise and witty language. His teaching despite being very profound is both candid and understandable. Prepare for Easter this Lent by listening to one of these selections from his works for everyday of Lent. With the help of the teaching of St. Thomas this lent can be our most fruitful.
There are 45 selections from his works are for Ash Wednesday all the Way to Holy Saturday.
- How great was the sorrow of our Lord.
- Why God the Father delivered Christ to His Passion.
- How the Passion Redeemed us, Freed us, and delivered us from the devil.
- How by the Passion of Christ the Gates of Heaven are opened.
- Why the Passion was most fitting to win our salvation.
- What is the greatest sign of love our Lord have given us.
- How our Lady’s suffered at the foot of the cross and how this was not contrary to perfection even though God willed the death of His Son.
- The Three Things symbolized in the washing of the feet
- And much more!
All of these readings are from the Meditations for Lent from St. Thomas Aquinas published in 1937 and are in the public domain.
You may also like:
- Catholic Audiobook: The Love of the Sacred Illustrated By St. Mechtilde
- Catholic Audiobook: St. John the Almsgiver
- St Bernard Homilies: For Christmas Eve and Christmas
- Catholic Audiobook: Who Are the Angels
- Catholic Audiobook: The Holy Cistercians
- Catholic Audiobook: The Love of the Sacred Heart Part 1
- Catholic Audiobook: The Idea of St. Benedict