We have no time to waste!
“Brethren, some day we shall want all this time that we are now wasting. Then it will stand out before us in its true value; we shall see that it should have been redeemed, and that it is now irredeemable.” Transcript
Being “busy” and redeeming the time can be two separate things. Our time will either be redeemed now by doing “all things in Christ” (Philippians 4:13) or it will be lost and after our death we will either have to make it up in summer school (purgatory) or spend an eternity burning the midnight oil in hell.
A Prayer to Redeem Time
“O Lord Jesus Christ, sin has abounded in my life through needless waste of time. Send down upon me the Holy Ghost that where once waste was found it can now be filled with fire of charity and zeal. O Virgin Most Prudent, who served God more diligently than all others, offer to your Son this supplication, that he pardon me for my waste of time, and that I became his diligent and constant servant. Amen”
Used image with attribution license http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:1328101886_HourGlass.png
You may also like:
- Catholic Audiobook: Lent Homilies from the Church Fathers Vol 4
- Catholic Audiobook: The Church Fathers for Lent Vol 1
- Short Catholic Homilies: Reverence for the Holy Name of God
- Short Catholic Homilies for Epiphany: Following God’s Guidance
- Short Catholic Homily : 2nd Week of Advent Cowardly Catholics
- Short Catholic Homilies: Catholic Evangelization
- Saint Kateri Part 11 : Saint Kateri’s Final Illness and Death