A New Name and a New Life
Kateri’s encounter with Father de Lamberville when she was 18. Her fervent conversion and her early baptism.
After a year of desiring and striving to be given the opportunity for baptism in a chapel adorned with Elk skins and wildflowers out humble maiden receives the life giving waters of baptism surrounded by her kinsmen.
SN: In this chapter that the Priest gave his converts a rule of life to keep them from impure feasts, superstitions and drunken debaucheries; I think such a rule would be a good thing to copy and hand out today to our new converts.
Download MP3 (right click and select save as)
Hear more chapters by going to our Audiobook page
Image Cropped From
Sound Effects Attribution License
You may also like:
- The Love Shown to us by Jesus Christ in his Passion: Part 2 The Son of God Offered Himself for the Love of Us
- The Love Shown to us by Jesus Christ in his Passion: Part I God so loved men, that He gave His own Son to redeem them.
- Saint Kateri Part 11 : Saint Kateri’s Final Illness and Death
- Saint Kateri Tekakwitha Part 10: The Penitent
- Saint Kateri Tekakwitha : The Lily at the Foot of the Cross Part 9
- Saint Kateri Tekakwitha : The Lily at the Foot of the Cross Part 8
- Saint Kateri Tekakwitha : The Lily at the Foot of the Cross Part 7