In this short traditional Catholic homily we learn about the virtuous parents of St John the Baptist. We consider St John the Baptists remarkable virtues and receive an exhortation to take him as an intercessor in removing the obstacles in our life to Jesus Christ our Lord.
A Prayer to St. John the Baptist
O GLORIOUS St John the Baptist, of those born of women the greatest of prophets (Luke vii, 28); thou, though sanctified from thy mother’s womb and most innocent, didst nevertheless will to retire into the desert, there to practice austerities and penance; obtain for us from our Lord the grace to be detached, at least in the affections of our hearts, from all earthly treasure, and to practice Christian mortification with interior recollection and a spirit of holy prayer. Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be. 
Download MP3 of Short Catholic Sermon : St John the Baptist (Right Click and Select Save As)
The Raccolta; or Collection of Indulgenced Prayers & Good Works. London: Burns & Oates, 1910. pg 343.
Music Public Domain (Edited)
Image edited from this Image in the Public Domain
You may also like:
- Text of Homily for 1st Week of Advent: St John the Baptist
- The Desert Fathers: Voluntary Poverty
- The Desert Fathers: Audiobooks, Sayings, Articles
- Saint Kateri Tekakwitha Part 10: The Penitent
- Catholic Lent Homily Series: The Joy of Penance and the Transfiguration
- Short Catholic Homily: 4th Week of Advent The Fruit of Repentance
- Short Catholic Homily : 2nd Week of Advent Cowardly Catholics